A. HOW WE COLLECT PRIVATE INFORMATION: We collect Private Information about you from the following sources:
(1) Information we receive from you over the phone, on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number and income.
(2) Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others, such as your account balance and payment history, and information that we obtain to verify employment history or that insurance coverage is in force.
(3) Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as your credit history and creditworthiness.
B. HOW WE DISCLOSE PRIVATE INFORMATION: By submitting your Application to California Car Credit, you are directing us to disclose it and the Private Information it contains to the participating California Car Credit motor vehicle dealers ("Dealer") in your area.
Additionally, we may disclose all Private Information (as described above) we collect to the following types of third parties:
(1) To Financial Service Providers: We may disclose all of your Private Information to financial service providers, such as banks, finance companies and insurance agents (other than financial service providers with which we maintain a joint marketing agreement and those with which we share your Application for the purpose of obtaining the credit you requested).
(2) To Non-Financial Companies: We may disclose all of your Private Information to non-financial companies, such as motor vehicle dealers, retailers, warranty or service contract providers, direct marketers and publishers (other than non-financial companies that provide marketing services for us).
(3) To Marketing Service Providers and Joint Marketing Partners: We may disclose all of your Private Information to companies that perform marketing services for us or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. In the event we do this, we will enter into agreements with such companies requiring them to comply with federal privacy laws and regulations, and keep all personal information secure and confidential.
(4) With Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties: We may share all Private Information about you with non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law. For example, federal law permits us to share your Private Information as necessary with parties who provide services to us and other parties, including parties who perform computer maintenance for us, our auditors, attorneys, accountants, regulators, law enforcement, etc.
(5) Between California Car Credit and Among Any Future Affiliates of California Car Credit: In general, there are two categories of Private Information. One is information about your history of dealing with us, such as identification information, account history and balances, insurance coverage and payment history (which we refer to as "Transaction History"). The other is information received from other sources, including information typically found in a credit report, and information you provide us about your relationships with others (which we refer to as "Other Party Data"). We may share Other Party Data and Transaction History with each other and any future affiliates for the purpose of offering you additional products and services, other than those you request in your Application.
C. HOW WE PROTECT PRIVATE INFORMATION: We restrict access to Private Information about you to our employees and third parties who need to know that information in order to provide you with the products and services you request and those persons or entities with whom we are permitted by law to share your Private Information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect your Private Information.
YOUR RIGHT TO TELL US NOT TO DISCLOSE YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION TO CERTAIN THIRD PARTIES
Non-Affiliated Third Party Disclosures: We reserve the right to disclose all Private Information (as described above) with the following types of third parties who are not our affiliates for marketing purposes:
- Financial Service Providers: (Other than providers with which we maintain a joint marketing agreement and those with which we share your Application for the purpose of obtaining the credit you requested), such as banks, finance companies and insurance agents; and
- Non-Financial Companies: (Other than companies that provide marketing services for us), such as motor vehicle dealers, retailers, warranty or service contract providers, direct marketers and publishers.
Affiliate Disclosures: We reserve the right to disclose all Other Party Data (as described above) with our affiliates for marketing purposes.